The extended periods of lockdowns, WFH and online schools have created a lot of mental stress and fitness issues for children and adults around the world. The pandemic also made us realize the importance of fitness and healthy living. Come December and everyone’s waiting for Christmas, New Year celebration and making resolutions for the next year. Our fitness and healthy living resolutions need to be flexible, fun-filled, measurable and achievable during the given time. Let’s make some simple realistic fitness resolutions for the coming year.
Keep yourself well hydrated
Drink a minimum of 6 to 8 glasses of water. Water has magical properties when it comes to your health. If you drink warm water every day, it is even more beneficial to your health.
- It improves digestion
- Releases toxin from the body
- Prevents headache as the muscle relaxes
- Speeds up metabolism and helps body function properly
- Helps reduce weight
- Gives you glowing skin
- Improves your immune system
- Slows down the process of ageing and improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Moisturizes the scalp and relieves dandruff
- Reduces stomach problems like bloating, gas and constipation.
- Comforts arthritis by making use of hot water bottles
- Calms the nerves and muscles after exercise.
With fewer side effects, hot water is simple cheap and readily available compared to other medications. So increase the intake of this natural resource.
Keep yourself active
Brisk walking for 30 to 60 minutes every day (covering 3.5 miles per hour) can improve your body’s natural defence system
Simple physical activities like skipping, climbing up and down the stairs, side plank, push-ups, aerobic dancing, help to keep oneself active even when you are on a tight schedule. Physical stamina levels are increased through such physical activities which is the key component leading to a healthy life. Skipping ropes are available at www.thetidkes.com
Have a healthy balanced diet
Fruits and vegetables are extremely beneficial for your overall health. They are not only rich in antioxidants but also contain important phytochemicals that boost the immune system. So you must
- Fill up your plate with fruits and vegetables
- Cutback on foods high in fats, added sugarand salt.
- Limit processedand canned foods in diet.
- Probiotics and sprouts also provide health benefits when consumed.
Have a good night’s sleep
A good night’s sleep is important for your physical and mental well-being. An adult requires 8 hours of sleep whereas a child requires 10 hours of sleep. A good night’s sleep can have a positive impact on various organs in the body.
- Reduces stress and improves mood
- Improves your memory
- Avoids gaining weight
- Improves concentration
- Improves your immune function
- Helps keep your heart healthier.
- Sharpens thinking
Learn a new activity or sports
Physical exercise is good for the mind, body and spirit. When body is active, the pituitary glands and hypothalamus secrete the ‘feel-good’ hormones. These hormones have the capacity to reduce pains and improve the sense of well-being.
Sports can help you reach your fitness goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle. They also encourage healthy decision making, accountability, dedication, build problem-solving attitude, goal-setting skills and develops leadership qualities.
Regular physical activity is the key component for a healthy life. Sports build many positive characteristics in players. So encourage your friends and family members to take up some sport of their choice. Visit THETIDKES for best quality sports goods and related accessories. You may also visit our retail store, TT SPORTS, at Akola, Maharashtra to find a wide range of sports products and accessories.
- Ability to cope with failures and disappointments.
- Respect everyone including your opponents.
- Sticking to rules and regulations.
- Reduces stress
- Boost self-esteem
Pull the Plug. Disconnect to Reconnect
Extended lockdowns and subsequent WFH and online education saw children and adults spending time in front of the screen more often than not. This can cause damage to the eyes and overall a negative effect on physical and emotional wellbeing. Hence it is important for children as well as adults to limit screen time. Here are some simple ideas that you may like to follow.
- Track screen time and set time limits
- Keep phone away from the bed
- Remove unnecessary apps
- No electronic device at the dining table
- Take up a hobby or sport to keep yourself occupied
- Schedule more, face to face meeting with people
- Reduce your non-work screen time
- Meet friends and hang out on weekends
- Reduce watching too much of movies and TV shows.
- Increase outdoor activities
- Make phone calls to friends and distant relatives.
Taking up a sport, not only helps to reduce your screen time but it also tones up your body and increases stamina. All sports goods and related accessories are available at THETIDKES.
You may also take a 2 day DIGITAL DETOX holiday. A challenge to stay away from screen.
Stay away from your plate after 8:00
Ideally one should have dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime. Avoid eating anything after 8 pm, so that the body has sufficient time to wind up and go on a sleep mode. Practice healthy eating habits to avoid health issues. Some tips you might need to keep in mind for meal schedules.
- Never eat anything at least 3 hours before bedtime
- Do not overeat
- Avoid snacking after dinner
- Eat an appropriate portion
- In case of late dinner, keep it light.
Take a break from work
It’s very important to take a break from work. Overworking can be detrimental to personal and professional life. You should take a break when you notice the following signs.
- Lose concentration in work
- Lack motivation
- Frustration creeps in
- Lack of energy
- Lose interest in work
- Unable to focus on work
- Lack of appetite and insomnia
- Missing family and friends
When you return to work after a short break, you are bound to feel rejuvenated, energetic and enthusiastic. You now work with renewed vigor.
At the end of the day, you know yourself best.
Knowing yourself is to be aware of what is good for you, what would work for you, what would make you happy. Discovering your strength and weakness, makes you self-confident, enable you to make right choice in life, more tolerant, increases self-control and ultimately you will be at peace with yourself.
Spirituality and wellness
The benefits of spirituality on health and wellness can be tremendous. It gives you a sense of peace, direction, self-confidence and purpose in life. Simple ways to practice spirituality.
- Practice yoga
- Take time to meditate
- Read holy books
- Practice charity and forgiveness
- Respect others and their views.
- Imbibe moral values to have clear views on life
So now that you are ready with your New Year resolutions let’s get started with some New Year gifts for your friends and relatives. Gift yourself as well as your loved ones best quality sports products.
All sports goods, related to cricket, badminton, basketball, volleyball, gym equipment, football etc. are available at our eCommerce platform THETIDKES Carom boards, chess boards, yoga mats and skipping ropes are also available with ‘THE TIDKES’. Do visit our retail store, TT SPORTS, at Akola, Maharashtra to find a wide range of sports products and accessories. We are authorized distributors of Cosco, Yonex, Nivia, Spartan, SS, Tennex, Konex and many more Indian and global brands.